A practical and interactive exploration of the topic of leadership aimed at middle management, or those recently appointed to managerial positions. I have delivered this course in the UK, Ireland, Australia and Singapore.
Above: Attendees at a leadership day at Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
Through discussions, group activities and opportunities for personal reflection, attendees will consider:
- qualities of the great and poor leaders;
- the differences between leadership and management;
- leadership styles;
- the values that drive them in their day-to-day working life;
- situational leadership;
- the power of Starting with Why (Simon Sinek);
- emotional intelligence and leadership;
- Kouzes and Posner’s Leadership Challenge
- and their own leadership preferences.
In these courses I draw on my own personal experiences as a leader of teams and professional organisations in order to share experience and to demonstrate how theory can apply in practice and how different situations require different approaches.
Below: Attendees at my leadership course at Singapore Management University
- ‘Really useful. Especially appreciated the level of interactivity and reflection involved. Learnt a lot about myself and colleagues.’
- Wide-ranging and practical, both in terms of the activities and in the ways we were encouraged to think about leadership in our workplace. Hugely valuable.’
- ‘Informative. Reflective. Great exercises. Well-paced. Inspirational (definitely food for thought).
Email me to find out more about my leadership courses.